Sunday, August 1, 2010

And we're off!

I left St. Louis today!  I can't believe it.  Seems much more real now.  

I'm moving to Alaska. 

It took me forever to leave today, I just kept worrying that I was going to leave something and not be able to get it.  Of course, I did in fact leave many things behind and I thought- if only I were as organized as Yvonne.  Alas, it was not to be.  On my way out of town I stopped to see Grammy.
She said she was feeling better and she seemed very coherent which was great.  She is concerned about me camping alone, but I told her that Patrick taught me how to put up a tent and so now I am practically an expert. 
Patrick the tent expert with me at Three Monkeys
I will not, however, be attempting to create any sort of fire.  That would seem to be inviting disaster if you ask me.  I got into Kansas City, which  always forget how much I love until I'm back, and I went to dinner with my old college roommate.  It was fun to see Kourtney, I hadn't seen her in two years, and we had a good time.  Then I (finally) got to Aunt Stephanie's.  She's a rockin' cool lady.  Tomorrow I'm off to Gothenburg, NE, aka nowheresville, and I'll be putting my highly honed camping skills to the test.

4 comments:

  1. Wow!! What a blast. I'm so proud of you. I can't wait to read about your first camping experience. Good luck, and drive safely.
    lyl, mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time! So excited for you and can't wait to hear all about your adventures! Props to Pat for showing you how to put up the tent! All my love, J

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eila was very confused when she went into your room this morning and everything was gone - including you. We love you!! Have fun and be safe!
    Erin and Eila <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss you already, Eileen. My roomie of two years is no longer right in the next room. :( I am planning on writing you letters while you are up in nowheresville (Sitka :]). I am more than excited to hear how your first night of camping goes, testing out your mad skills. :) It is already strangely quiet at home, Daniel being away in Chicago and you being in nowheresville...I will miss your crazy personality and your seriously strange way of making me laugh when I am convinced that I do not want to speak to anyone for long periods of time. :)
    Have fun and make sure your tent doesn't collapse on you while you're sleeping. :)
    I love you, Eileen! :)
    <3 Darby (your favorite sibling)

    ReplyDelete