Thursday, August 5, 2010

Corn and Cowboy Hats- Monday

Pretty sweet set up in Gothenburg.  Damn, that tent is well
constructed. 
I left Kansas City today. It was six hours to Gothenburg, NE. What I learned about Nebraska today is that it is really flat; there is a lot of corn and a lot of cowboy hats. Men would be driving crown vic’s with cowboy hats on. It was quite a sight. When I got to my camp site, I set up my tent right away.  It went off like clock work- Thanks Patrick! It was also, at a rough guesstimate about 9000 degrees outside. Then, I took a walk around in the sweltering heat. It was a really pretty KOA. There was a nice little nature trail and my campsite was about thirty feet from the Platte River. I really liked sitting outside on my chair reading and eating dinner (which was a sandwich since I know that you are all dying to know), when the sun set, I went in my beautifully constructed tent to read. I used this flashlight that I bought earlier at Walgreens. It is a flashlight that you wear on your head. It is just as attractive as it sounds, but it works really well. I took some pictures of myself with the flashlight headband thing, but I think we can all admit that it is a bad look with out posting photographic evidence online. When I decided to go to sleep, it was extremely difficult because it was scorching hot outside and in my zipped up tent.
Platte River- by my tent

1 comment:

  1. I love the camp site, and the tent looks great. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete